I have a "rewire" I am starting on tomorrow. I have to go and check the house out first and try to get rid of any obtrusive critters like snakes, black widows, etc... The house is in the country, and not far from a river. I was expecting to encounter snakes, but now after talking to the homeowner, even more.. The house has been uninhabited for quiet a while I think, and I found out today that the crawl space consist of a "trap door" through the back porch flooring. She said I would have to lower myself down into a past "wine cellar" then after a bit, do the "crawling". She said no one has been down there in 15 to 20 years. Any idea what might be my first plan of action to get rid of any varmits that might be waiting on me?? I guess I will get me a can of "bug bomb" to start out with, and a whole lot of noise, but I'm not sure the "bug bomb" will work on the snakes. Any ideas will be appreciated. Life is rough sometimes but somebody's got to take the "dirty work", Right???? Well I need the work anyway. Thanks for the input... I got a feeling this is going to be an adventure:(