The higher the frequency the more the current flows near or on the surface of the conductor
I can dig it Chris. That's why at high freq's skin effect is so critical. Effectively the "cross sectional area" of the conductor is reduced when the current runs along the outside of the conductor. I, like Wnuttt, was taught that current runs on the surface. And, just recently, I was reading about the effects high freq's in a conductor.
At what freq range does skin effect become critical? I don't know? But, from the confidence that was vibrating from your reply, I'll take your word for it. I love the dynamics of this forum. As iron sharpens iron, one ECN member sharpens another.
To get back to the original post....I think that emf, counter emf, etc., etc. etc. are more a product of the load that is served rather than the conductor serving the load.
The acception would be voltage drop, which is a product of the wire (area in CM), and the current (load), along with the rest of the factors in the voltage drop formula.

Dull as spoon,
Doc

The Watt Doctor
Altura Cogen
Channelview, TX