Thanks for the replies.

I haven't been out there in over a year and I'm going off of what she told me over the phone for now. I won't be able to get out there until (hopefully) next week.
I talked to her again after I posted this and found out that this time the "cause" was that after she had a solar system installed, somehow switching out the meter blew the board. Oh, and it messed up her direct tv too, but several hours on the phone with tech support fixed that. ?????
She, as with so many other customers, doesn't have the first clue as to providing complete info for a diagnosis. But shes nice and she pays on the spot.
A very patient game of 20 questions is in order here.

The well guys have replaced the boards so I haven't had to be there until now and I don't think my poking around inside their listed (I'm assuming) unit is a good idea. Well, I might look but I won't touch:) Maybe there is a MOV on the board and she is interpreting "changing the board" for replacing the MOV. If it blows again I will ask her to call me first so I can have a look at what failed.

As I recall the controller mounted right on the the well casing, which is PVC, and is a complete unit made of plastic. The thing is a relativly small unit and hangs right off of a pipe fitting if I remember right. All I did was pipe into it with a 20A 240V ckt. No neutral as I recall, and I pulled #10 to it. The panel is on the shop 15 or 20 feet from the well, but I hear a well house has been added (they assured me there would not be one) since I was last there so it is no longer in direct sight of the controller. I will have to add a disconnect, or more likely, a small sub panel inside the well house somehow.

When I get out there I will get the info on the controller and post it here.

Thanks.