I bought a Samsung VCR/DVD recorder right before Blue Tooth won the battle. It has an HDMI output.
I just bought a Sony Bravia with 4 HDMI inputs. Heres the problem.

The satelite box has one HDMI output. I ran this directly to the TV. I ran another HDMI cable from the VCR/DVD player to the TV. It would not control/work the VCR/DVD. I had to use video cables from the satellite box to the VCR/DVD. The picture when using the VCR/DVD is not as good as the direct hook up from the satellite box to the TV.
Also, by having to switch between inputs, sometimes I get a "no signal" when using the VCR/DVD recorder. Now I have to leave the input set for the recorder and watch the less preferable picture. Do they make DVD players with HDMI input and output. This would eliminate the video cables and then I could switch between inputs without sacrificing picture quality. Thats what I am thinking?

Note: Sometimes if I switch outputs, the only way to get anything to work is to power down everything, then power back up. Pain in the ass. Any thoughts? I would hate to have to buy a new DVD/VCR recorder that supports Sony. Thanks John