http://www.gemssensors.com/content.aspx?id=2258

LG,
Go to this site and download the instruction bulletin and PDF. I'm used to dealing with them in the differential pump down mode (F2, top row). Your application would require the pump down or up (G2, middle row), or pump up mode (H2, bottom row) mode. I would normally use the H2 for your app but you said there is another pump location that you pump down. So it is the choice of H2 with a spare contact or G2 which goes both ways.

The conduit serves as a still well besides protecting the probes. In your case, the pump contactor(s) would be energized through N.C. contacts. When the water reaches the high level probe, current from the secondary of the integral transformer, flows through the water between terminals 9 & 10. This energizes the relay to open the N.C. contacts and stop the pump(s). Since a jumper is added between terminals 8 & 10, current will flow between 9 & 7, through the Normally Open, Held Closed contact to 8, through the jumper to 10. This will keep the relay energized and the pump(s) off until the water clears the low level probe.

I just offer this description should you decide to stick with the original method. I don't want you to think that it is a dangerous, home brew technique. I have them in 2 locations where an incredibly stupid bubbler/pressure transducer scheme is used as primary control. Some designers have a little too much time on their hands.
Joe