I have a wrist problem that I have been in and out of doctor's offices for since February (Xrays, MRIs, blood tests and whatever). I have seen my internal medicine doctor, dermatologists, orthopedic surgeons, a neurologist and a rheumatologist.
What I have come away with is if this is only tendinitis, rest and a good wrist and elbow brace might fix it, if you also have joint damage or arthritis, the tendon problem is just a symptom. Testing your blood for the sedimentation rate will tell you about inflammation. That in itself might respond to Ibuprophen, Naproxen or Dichlorflenac AKA Valtoren.
The next step is to draw fluid from the joint looking for crystals and a uric acid test to see if it is gout.
If you have no joy there they will want a RH factor test looking for rheumatic arthritus (not good news) or psoriatic arthritis (same symptom, negative RH test and some red spots on your skin somewhere) hence the dermatologist.
If you have either of the latter problems they will want you to take a chemo drug called methotrexate (real nasty stuff with a warning label like crack) and I said no to that.
Good luck brother, lets hope you just pulled a tendon, that be fixed by rest and rehab with some physical therapy.

Greg Fretwell