If you think about it, I'm pretty sure that pop-up ads on newspaper websites generate a higher rate of return than printed ads in the paper copy. I can honestly say that I have not 'attempted' to read my local paper in months (mainly because of my eyesight). I read my local newspaper on-line and just close the pop-ups. It's much more convenient to me. Same thing with magazine subscriptions: I've usually already read mine on-line before I get home and find them in my mailbox.

One of those newspaper pop-ups might be for a drain cleaning company at a time when I need one and there's a chance that I'll probably call them first. I think that this is the new direction in advertising, at least from a consumer's perspective.

Not to mention the "green" aspect of things. Think about all of that paper, recycled or not. It's still heavy and costly to transport. Printed media is too expensive to sell anymore. Fine by me.

Now, if my computer crashes, I may change my tune and run to the store for a paper and a few magazines!

---Ed---

"But the guy at Home Depot said it would work."