Reminds me of a few Active Bank Branch Remodels, with the AHJs' of City / County of Los Angeles.

Inspectors walking the job for Final Electrical Inspection did not like the useage of the typical Plug-Strips w/ TVSS Protection at the Teller Stations, mostly where the strips had been mounted to the Teller Line via the captive screw mounting slots on the back.

IBM sets up the Equipment all plugged into one strip, then mounts each strip via screws. They also tie wrap everything to minimize sloppy cables.
Makes for a clean install when they are finished.

Per each Teller Station, I design / Install a 4 plex IG receptacle with another Duplex IG receptacle 6" to the right. There is also a 4 plex Convenience receptacle. All outlets fit into a pre-cut "templated" layout.

IBM prefers to use the TVSS protected strips at each point of connection, so all the peripherals + cpu run through one strip.

Long story short [ya, right! [Linked Image]], some Inspectors in LA would not sign off final with the plug strips being used as described above.
Talk about fun, try shuffling Tellers around on a 12 Station Teller Line - 8 Active Tellers - while I brought down each Machine, connected the cords directly to Receptacles, then bring Machine back up!

Many unhappy people!!!

BTW, these Teller Stations [Computers] run OS/2 warp 4x with EXTREME security / firewall protection, virus protection and LAN / WAN connection / verification. 5 Minutes is a "Fast" time for a Cold Boot!

After learning this sweet lesson, prior to Inspection I place all cords into Receptacles and leave the TVSS plug strip plugged in - to attempt in catching locally produced TVSS's.
No one ever changes anything, nor have their been TVSS related problems.
p.s. Each Subpanel designed to drive T/S, W/S and Servers have TVSS protection at the Subpanel.

Scott s.e.t.

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!