Been in business for about a year. Built it up, lots of service work and made some clients. Got the electrical repairs on a large apartment complex reroofing project. Put in my resignation a few weeks ago and I am out on my own.

Supposed to be paid weekly. Turn in invoices on Thursday, and get paid the following Friday the next week. I agreed to this. But my supply accounts don't have a high credit limit due to my short time of being in business.

First payment wasn't there, but after having a meeting with the owner he reluctantly paid me for a few of the invoices but not all. The next week the same. I'm just trying to get an idea of what the holdup is, because I'm still working on the project, and I honestly don't know why the checks aren't there. All I can get out of anyone is "waiting on the surety" and the bond company hasn't released the checks yet.

Not sure where to go from this point, everyday I'm asking and being told I will get an answer, only to no avail by the end of the day no one is available and no one returns my voicemails.

It's getting to the point where this can't keep going on. So far they've paid about 20% of the balance due on invoices which should be about 90% paid at this point.

Any suggestions, I don't want to lose the project, it's the biggest one I have, but I don't want to go much farther in the hole at this point either. And it's only been 3 going on 4 weeks.

Last edited by willfescon; 07/15/08 11:06 PM.