One of the Random jokes at our Office:

Question (from 'Someone'):
"Did You Call RUUD"?

Answer (by 'Someone' - usually me):
"No, I was very polite when I called!"

smile smile smile smile

Seriously though, RUUD is a very good Company to deal with - as they will supply Pole Base documentation for use with their products, return Lighting Layouts (foot-candle levels at points) quickly, and are very prompt + detailed with quotations.

They tend to bombard with quotation follow-ups if you do not respond within a couple days!, but that's not too bad.

Among the many Manufaturers out there, RUUD, along with Metalux (Cooper) and GVA are working with us (the Company I am an injunear with) to narrow down the issues and effects that Sub Zero Environments have on Fluorescent Lamps - more specifcally, with T5 HO Lamps.

In the "Warehouse Freezers", where Temperatures range from 0ºC down to -30ºC, the net output Lumens for Fluorescent Lamps is reduced between 50 - 70% respectively, with a corresponding downward shift in Color towards red (from 5000K down to 4100K; and even as low as 3500K).

Additionally, when Fixtures are located within 10 - 15 feet of an Evaporator - such as being located in the path of air leaving the Evap., light levels may fall as low as 20% the net Lumens for the Fixture, and Color 'Red-Shifts' (in lieu of a better term) down as low as 2700K.

It's a really serious issue with very little documentation / study involved.

Woops, got off topic again!!! eek

Scott

BTW the Term 'Red-Shift' really does not apply here, as the Light emmited from the Lamps is not accelerating away rapidly, causing the White Light to 'Red-Shift'...

(Astrophysics is not an observed Science in the Warehouse Freezers - unless said Freezer is a lone Entity floating through Space heading towards a Black Hole; then it is safe to say the 'Red-Shift' Term is very accurate!!!)

Scott35

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!