I've been busy getting a restaurant ready for a new owner. As far as I was concerned, my part of the job was limited to installing some steam tables ... no other changes were to be done.

Yea. Right.

No sooner had the inspector left, than the owner did some 'midnight electric' himself. Here's what I found on opening day:

At first glance, a nice sushi bar. The only problem is that there were no receptacles for either the sushi cooler, or that Pepsi cooler.

[Linked Image]

A closer look in the corner makes one suspicious ....

[Linked Image]

Our first code problem is the use of an extension cord as a replacement for permanent wiring. Looking behind the sushi cooler, and we're on to problem #2, the issue of disconnection:

[Linked Image]

Let's look closer at the ceiling penetrations; there's an issue about the cords being subjected to damage:

[Linked Image]

The cords enter the attic, where you see this lovely run to a receptacle placed for the servicing of the HVAC gear:

[Linked Image]

You can see the orange cords so artfully draped over the very pipes, etc., that you're going to need to walk / crawl upon. No attachment, no zip ties, no effort to run them in a less exposed manner.

Last edited by renosteinke; 06/05/08 06:36 PM.