I am looking at a drawing of two single phase motors, one is dual voltage and the other is single voltage. The switch on both is wired the same.
On both motors the switch and cap are in series with the aux start winding. Numbers 5 & 8. Here is the connection directions for both motors.

Single Voltage
CCW - L1 - 1 & 8 L2 - 4 & 5
CW - L2 - 1 & 5 L2 - 4 & 8

Dual Voltage
High CCW - L1 & 1 L2 - 4 & 5 Join 2 - 3 - 8
Low CWW - L1 & 1 - 3 - 8 tied L2 2 - 4 - 5 tied.
To reverse direction interchange 5&8

#5 goes directly to the switch then to the cap and then through the start winding and leaves the motor as #8.
#5 should be Black and #8 red.

The wires that are in the pecker head should be marked or color coded. Here is the legend.

1- blue
2- wht
3- org
4- yellow
5- black
6- NCA
7- NCA
P1 - NCA or brwn
P2 _ NCA or brwn
Note: NCA No Color Assigned.

Are the leads marked or colored?
Check the switch and see which two wires are opening and closing, use those two wires. Tie off the other. Then connect using diagram or legend above. If they both switch use just one.

The switch opens thecircuit to the start winding when the motor reaches full or close to full speed.

If you cannot figure it out, your local motor shop can help you. Just call and ask how to connect.

Ps....I don't know why the numbers above are bunched together and hard to read. I have tried a couple times to seperate them with no success. I hope you can make them out.

Last edited by JValdes; 06/04/08 03:00 PM.