Thanks Bryan for the references. I will have to print this page to be sure I am aware of them all.

I think we all have the surprises and I am one of the engineers that come to the site only to be surprised by something that was slipped in or I missed! I don't like that, but it is good for me to be humbled (I wanted to put in my self talk but that would be to harsh, also, I am not balding - my head is just to fat for my hair).

Reno, your points are well taken.

I chuckled as I just recieved our 2008 NFPA 1194 update which conflicts with 2008 NFPA 70 (our dearly beloved NEC) on the placement of electrical pedestals. If you are accurate with your tape measure you can meet both codes.

LEED, though not code we are required to meet once we reach a certain size building, requirements in remote settings definately create conflict with the building codes on exits when I must have 0% uplight and I am required to calulate all aimable and unknown fixtures as 100% uplight.

It is also fun to meet 30% below ASHRAE 90.1 on lighting calculations due to presidential Executive Orders and still meet minimum lighting levels to be able to see to work.

I am just so thankful for IAEI and others like this site that help me keep a tentative handle on things.