I think we should re-title this thread "Appearing soon in violations forum" smile

I could see it under hardwood floors etc.. (but don't we already have time tested products that will do this....) That mudover idea they show might appeal to the diy crowd and people allergic to drywall cutting, but it's still no good in my book. Done right, it's a dangerously concealed live wire, done wrong, it looks bad because it leaves a visible hump on the wall.

"Southwire is currently working with Underwriters Laboratory (UL) on the certification of the CNE and will make future announcements concerning launch dates and availability. We look forward to UL certification and making FlatWire a unique wiring option."

The Devil is always in the details, it seems.....

"Product FAQ

* What are FlatWire products?

FlatWire Technologies, a division of Southwire, has created a new shift in wiring and interconnect devices for low voltage lighting, audio/loudspeakers, voice/data lines, high performance video, Cat 5, 5e, and 6 data cables, and other low voltage applications. Future products include 120 AC electrical and fiber optics. For specific product specifications, see the individual product group information offered on the website."

Lets hope we see the chapter 11 reoganization announcement first...

Last edited by trollog; 02/17/08 07:11 PM.