Well, of course, on my family's 2007 Emachines PC running Windas Veesta, the included McAfee virus software is out of date. So, with Windas and my parents bugging me to update it, I decide to do so, using the free McAfee anti-everything suite Comcast provides.

Yeah, right.

I go to Comcast's site, log in and go to the anti-virus download page. It says to uninstall any existing anti-virus software on the computer before proceeding, so I do, and uninstall the old McAfee and restart.

BIG mistake. Naturally I now click "Download now" and get an error saying I cannot download it. I think the windows shattered when I yelled at the sight of that error. First they say I need to uninstall the old to install the new, then they tell me, after I've removed the old software, that I can't download the new one. Neither of our email accounts will work with it.

This all happened yesterday, and I told my mother to stay off the shut-down computer. Well, I guess she didn't tell my father, as he turned it on today while I was at school and went on his favorite motorcycle website. Can anyone say "Infected?" With what I don't know, but now Windas is going crazy with alerts, and nothing on the computer works at all. (Maybe next time I'll steal the power cord too.)

Oh well, now we have to go to Best Buy and buy a new AV program, when we're supposed to have one free. And I have to erase/reinstall Windows. (And then remove all the bloatware the restore discs install...) Well, I was going to a friend's 16th-birthday party this weekend.

Was.

Ian A.

Is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?