Like said before go to a spring shop. Go out of your way to find one that specializes in truck springs. Mine was not overweight but the springs were worn out. They customized the springs for my truck. It has 2 more leafs on one side in the rear. I thought the load is balanced between sides but I guess not. I also changed the coil springs in the front to heavy duty. I wished I went with extra heavy duty.

I have weighed my truck a few times to make sure I'm not overloading it. The last time I was about 10K and the GVWR is 12K. So I know I'm still good to put extra equipment, material, and a generator from time to time.

I also put a good set of Monroe truck shocks around. It rides like a Cadillac. Stay away from air shocks. Shocks are not ment to support the weight of a vehicle (not to be confused with struts on cars). They are only to dappen bouncing. With coilover or air shocks you are tring to hold the vehicle up by the shock mounts. That's how you break parts.

Have someone make sure everything is tight on the steering, suspension, & bearings.

I try to get tires with the highest weight rating but am limited to whats available and cost. Make sure you comepare weight rating when tire shopping. The 1st one the tire guy offers may not be the best choice. Ask if they have heavier tires. More plies and heavier weight rating means the sidewalls stay straight not bowed way out under a load. More plys in a tire means it can handle small cuts and punctures without blowing out.

Get an alignment. Have the alignment done with any new parts you need installed. Changing most anything can throw off the alignment. Have the truck loaded like normal with a 1/2 tank of fuel. Weight in the truck affects ride height. Ride height affects alignment. A low ride height will pull the camber in (top of the tires).

Keep in mind trucks have weight ratings for a reason. It is not just how much the spring can hold. Heavier trucks have stronger breaks, rear ends, bearings, sway bar, frame, more lug nuts, rims that hold heavier tires, better engines, stronger tranies, more cooling, etc. An overloaded truck is unsafe.

3/4 Ton (GM 20, 2500, or ford 250) should be the minimum for a loaded electrical truck. I never seen a 1/2 tom truck work out well. I would recomend a 1 Ton unless you don't plan on hauling much.