I just looked at a modular home being installed and we are to simply install a service. But when looking at the structure it has the worst wiring I've seen in ages. They use some sort of end butt splice device for romex that is not in a j box, they bundled wires, this is not allowed in our area, the wires are not stapled incorrectly and heaven knows what else that you can't see.

I called the factory and their explaination is that state codes superceed any local rules and they are doing the work accord to state rules. I did find out that they use the International Electrical Code but I don't believe its that much different.

Also the local authorities unless they find something bad they will let this trash go. It appears that the manufacturers of modular homes have politically passed laws that favor them and the main stream electrical industry has ingored this type of construction, I won't say these home are unsafe but they look like Homer the Handyman wired them.

I think is sort construction should be forced to have quality or has to made to comply with local ordinances.
JOE OGLE