Scott 35 took the bait. I'll now set the hook...and start reeling him in. (It's only a few blocks).
The "new" CEC was just adopted about 3 weeks ago.
It is to be used verbatim within the entire State of CA, unless a locality can prove and submit to the State that a change should be made to their jurisdiction because of a topographical, geological, or climatic conditions,(ie: seismic, close to ocean, bottom of Death Valley, etc).
This should be causing quite a stir amongst the "My City, My Way" inspectors that are so prevalent here.
As yet I don't have any feedback from the guys. Our jobs are still under the earlier Code, as the permits were pulled pre 11-1-02. Just got one in Newport Beach today, and I'm curious how it'll work out.
The major issues here in So CA will probably concern County/City of Los Angeles (always have beat to their own drum), and a couple of others I dare not mention 'cause we've got jobs going there.
The new CEC is meant to provide some regularity to the Codes here...we'll see.
It probably won't mean much to the Combo inspectors that didn't know the earlier Code anyway, but the the day of "I want it done this way...because I'M THE INSPECTOR" should be over. [Linked Image]
Neato, does this mean I can use Romex in commercial buildings?
[Linked Image] (But then, there's still 90-4)