So I'm watching one of those educational channels. There's a show about people that go overboard with Christmas tree lights. Many of these folks have way too much time on their hands and are further bragging about the fact their electrical bills are $200-$800 higher because of the light displays.

They speak with 2 or 3 people that state you can't connect more than 3 strings of lights or the fuse in the plug will blow.... Then they find the idiot. He states the very same thing but adds "if you remove the fuse and install a piece of galvanized nail you can connect as many as you want." He goes on to further state that, "some people think I'm an electrican" as he stands next to a row of plugs on his garage.

I was disgusted enough that I turned the channel and no longer cared. So if your house burns to the ground and the insurance company finds the nail who wins the prize. Not covered under grounds of stupidity?

I'm officially recommending that we add a section to the NEC that states people need to stop being idiots.....

RSlater,
RSmike

Last edited by RSmike; 12/14/07 01:38 PM.