Hi ausador,
I don’t want to get off track from the OP’s subject, but you bring up a very good point. There is kind of the same situation with Federal Pacific [Stablok] and “piddling” companies manufacturing these retrofit circuit breakers and other brands as well, such as Zinsco. I have seen spanking new FSP breakers made in China from a company named Unique Circuit Breaker. They are only tagged with an ETL [Electrical Testing Laboratory] listing and not a UL listing.
I can understand someone not wanting to replace the entire panel just because they may have a bad breaker or maybe want to add another circuit for an air conditioner, but I’m wondering how they can get away with marketing these breakers like this and what the implications would be to an unsuspecting contractor or consumer who installs one of these thinking they are OEM and have a UL listing.

Not sure, but I think a company named American Circuit Breaker owns the patent and tooling for the FSP line of breakers and has an actual UL listing. shocked
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
At the same time I suppose I should also go into the IAEI and CPSC final decision on FSP [Stablok] and the hysteria, whether real or imagined, around these cb’s, but that really gets off track of this persons post. It might also reopen some old wounds. Maybe in another post.
wink