Reno:
Ya I never thought of it in that way but I was thinking of how they wired my elementary and high school classrooms.. Each room had a 4 or 6 circuit panel and located where the light switches normally would be..This fed and controlled the lights obviously but also supplied the receptacle circuit(s) and exhaust fan. ( we had no such thing as A/C!..
This kept all the switching grouped nicely and also allowed the overcurrent protection to be right there in the room.. Was no need whatsoever to call the caretaker when them pesky overhead projector bulbs blew out and tripped the breaker at the same time... Also the feed to each room was no more than 30A from what I can remember so 3#10's in a piece of 1/2 would have been easy to install and cheap.
Electure: Yes I have seen where clerks / hired help / staff etc have shut off the wrong breaker and shut down something by mistake.. Happened at the community center my G/F works at but the addition of breaker " lock-dogs" solve that problem ( and so does a correct panel legend so ya know what breaker to take the lock dog off and reset wink

A.D