I agree with Gibbions. My philosiphy is using the right tool for the job. I have worked with contractors where they mandated you have your tool pouch on while on the job site even if you are just swapping out bulbs. The job situation can change at a moments noticed and if you have to run after your tools, you are wasting time and time costs you employer money. I personnally use two pouches. My main pouch which holds all my basic hand tools and a good quaility nail pouch apron with a couple generic tool caddies attached. I use my main pouch 90% of the time for short term tasks and my pouch apron/caddies for production work like running conduit or wire pulling. When I do the production work, I have just the tools I need for the task while having my main pouch near by just in case, not in my rig. Either way, I have the right tool for the job on hand.

Hang in there while playing "gopher". We have all done it ourselves. My first day as an apprentice I was trenching with a hand shovel in the hot sun. I did such good job, I was promoted to light fixture trailer that was baking in the same sun to assembled light fixtures for the guys inside the air conditioned building. There too I had my pouch in tow.

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa