So -
I'm walking out the door after completing the rough wiring in my brothers mega buck custom built home when the foreman stops me and sais hey, just wanted to let you know. A few months back we had a problem with one of the houses we built. The phone system would not work after rough. After investigating they found that the spray insulation that they were using actually melted together some sections of the Cat5. (Chemical heat reaction of the curing process) 2 hours later after me refusing to have HIM touch/move my low voltage runs, he assured me that he would be "on top of" the whole insulating process, even wearing the proper breathing gear etc. to keep an eye on these guys as they spray. I went home in a semi panic and researched the web. BASF is the company that makes the foam. After talking for some time with them, I found that there are two different types of foam that they use. One is called a "open cell" foam, meaning it has bubbles in it. It only reaches 200 degrees Farenheit when curing and doesn't affect most wiring. Unfortunatly my brother ordered the closed cell version that has very high insulating properties and NO bubbles inside. The rep. said this foam hits 300 Farenheit when applied 2" thick and that I would definetly want to protect any low voltage wiring from it, but my romex should be OK... I've got that sick sinking feeling now. Not only for my low volt runs but, all that romex as well. My brother cant seem to grasp issues like this and doesn't seem to concerned because "they are professional home bulders" I did a beautiful job wiring this house. The Inspector, who is a man of very few words simply said "Great job!" - - - I'm beside myself now wondering what to do/how to cover my butt. They are spraying this stuff right now. Anyone have some input as to what I can do at this point? They told me before the job that they were going to foam insulate the house, not cook all of my wiring.. I'm sick Thanks