Judds,

I use AutoCAD mainly because I have some Geek-ee issues [Linked Image]

Seriously though, I use AutoCAD more due to it's overall abilities and being less expensive than the other Pro versions (Although, I have heard many good things about Microstation which might just sway me to take the plunge!).

Have used a bunch of other Apps; Visio 4.x pro, TurboCAD, Turbosketch, Corel Draw 4.0, Paper Port (a scanning app with edit, copy/paste, clean-up and annotation abilities), along with some older DOS - Based apps on my old 386.

I have a couple questions:
<OL TYPE=1>

[*]I have seen that Visio can import AutoCAD files. Have you done this - and if so, how well did things turn out?

[*]Can .DWG files be opened without losing file information?

[*]How do they end up plotted?

[*]Can you do stuff like OLE, VBA / macros, LISP, Xref, and work through Dbase apps via SQL or ODBC?

[*]Can you attach raster images to a drawing or on different layers?

[*]Does Visio work on layers, and if so, does it work well?
</OL>

I have been wondering this stuff as applied to a newer and very stable / commonly used version of Visio.

Like I said, have used Visio (4.0xx), but found AutoCAD much more "My Speed", so didn't pursue Visio too far.

Virgil,

I love that Program you have! Nice Graphics!!!
Been suggesting it to people who ask me about a Cad type application for "newbees" (people planning to do something with a Cad app in at least 1 month... [Linked Image] .. ).
Have a lot of people watching me work in AutoCAD and they want to "Do The Same Thing".
Products such as the one you used for the images above make it so I can suggest "Usable" versions to these people.

Scott s.e.t.

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!