(GFCI requirementsfor personnel protection)
"commercial and institutional kitchens - for the purposes of this section,[sic] a kitchen is an area with a sink and permanent facilities for food preparation and cooking"
DUH! DUH DUH! there are no exceptions for refrigeration equipment (110v coolers etc.)
or steam/chiller tables - because of the capacitors in many refs and im guessing inductive reactance in heating appliances a good, working, safe, functional piece of equipment of these types will trip gfci receptacles. I talked with P&S legrand tech support to ask if they had come up with some kind of 'smart' gfci to address the tripping issues with the stuff the only answer he had was to install grade B gfci (circuit breaker) protection which he rightly said defeats the purpose of the personnel protection.(honestly I was unaware that the breakers had a higher trip threshhold until he advised me)
this code repeatedly stabs itself in the throat (I'd be honored to serve as a consultant to a commercial kitchen equipment manufacturer - because I think I have the answer aside from a well needed exception or demanding a proper fix be applied)
I imagine a similar thread is buried somewhere but I havent heard anything about the '08 code addressing this.