I use my MS Word word processor to draw stuff. In it there is a drawing package, sure not as complete as AutoCad, [no 3D for example], but given a bit of practice it can produce astounding results. Etch a Sketch it isn’t!
Just call up the Draw toolbar then customise it to add whatever icons you need - various shapes; squares, ovals /circles, lines, triangles, arrows, fill colors, line colors, text control, text color, size of drawing scales- it will print accurately to scale. I have an A3 printer but it works fine on A4.
Let me say that if you’ve never used a CAD package before, getting results is a long learning curve. I speak as an ex draughtsman- these packages certainly ain’t designed by drafting folks, so don’t think your going to get immediate sparkling results!
I’ll e-mail you a couple of pics* of the ‘word’ screen toolbar I use and a drawing, which will appear shortly here c/o moderator.
[ *For some reason we weren’t able to put Word docs direct into the ECN server last time I tried, but pics worked fine. ]

Hope this helps,

Alan

Wood work but can't!