(Anyone that's been in the chatroom the past few nights knows what I'm about to say...)

Reno (John) has a pic to attach pretty soon, of the plans I drew up to rewire my family's garage, plus a new window A/C and three ceiling fans.

Well, the hard copy of the plans is now shredded, and the scanned computer copy (except John's) is erased.

Why?

Permits.

Both of my parents are refusing to get a permit, saying "Nobody else does," and "Why should I support Falls Township?"

I told my mother a story a member here told me, about a family losing their insurance policy after a fire due to unpermitted work. What did she say? "Look on the positive side that nothing like that will happen." Yeah. Sure, okay. Just hope you never dial 9-1-1 for a fire after doing that work. Which in these Levitt-built boxes, seems to happen very easily.

I explained to my father that the township never makes money off of permits/ inspections, and I think Falls might actually lose it. Nope. No permit.

They got a permit for the shed, and am getting one for a fence. Why not some new wiring? Why not for that porch you want to build? (Another story altogether.)

I was going to do the work for them, seeing their refusal to call an electrician. Not anymore. I don't care how much they yell, kick, scream or pound my locked door. No permit, no work. Go ahead, let my dad (Comcast guy who knows enough to be dangerous) do it. Then you WILL be calling 9-1-1 when the garage catches fire. Bye-bye homeowners' insurance. Good luck selling this place in 10 years. Good luck rebuilding the house with no insurance money after it burns to the slab.

There's 250feet of 12/2NM down in the garage. I'm not touching it. Unless there's a yellow Falls Township Permit Card in the front window. Even then I won't, since I know my father won't get an inspection.

Sorry for the rant,
Ian A.

Is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?