Originally Posted by ShockMe77
Yes, this installation meets the requirements of 210.63 and 210.70(A)(3). The pullchain w/ grounded receptacle is a quick and easy way to meet code. You're in, you're out, especially when that attic is HOT!!

Especially in Texas..... where the attic may be not only HOT but HUMID as well.

As for the 660W outlet, we had one in our house. It said "660W 125V". It did not specify if that was the light socket or receptacle rating. All I know is if you put any heavy load (above 10 amps) on it, your plug would come out HOT. Good thing it was made of porcelain. It was taken out of service when the pull chain mechanism seized up.

Then again, our house is OLD. We have all sorts of strange crap. I still remember the lovely handyman deathtrap that damn near electrocuted me one night.... UF cable in a bush at night looks a lot like a stray branch. I grabbed it and it grabbed me a lot harder! We have put a lot of work into it to undo some of the hacks previous owners have done. My favorite is still the garden hose DIY couplers on the hot water heater under the house.... they broke on Christmas Eve!

DIY: Destroy It Yourself!