I have talked to acouple of my friends who are EC's about the following oppertunity and both of them tell me to stay small and settle for a couple of thousand a week but I diddent get my licence to create a job for myself, I had a great job in the refinary and benies, but I did this to build a business and fell like my buddies are old guys who are sick and tired of construction. Let me say that I respect and apreciate my buddies for the business and electrical knolege theay have aquired when I was watching cartoons, that said the issua at hand is about going into a number of joint venture projects with a group of other trades all under the umbrella of a old frind's company (he is a developer) I would however keep my own business idenity, I am the only EC that would have any contractual ties to date in these join ventures, the umbrella corps. ceo has helped some of the sub contractors bank roll early jobs to get the wheels going for a reduced percentage of back end profits if the subs were not able to secure a traditional loan for construction, the jobs include grosses in the range of $75,000 and up (the developer says he has contracts totaling 125,000,000), today he invited me to dinner where I met with one of his archatects, one of his general contractors,and a plumer he has helped get licenced, during this meeting he was in the same resterant in another booth meeting with a engeneer who has designed a hygrogen plant and is looking to the group(the developers company) to build the project.
I am a new contractor and must confess I am a little intemidated by the size of some of theese jobs even thought my long time friend says he will help me flote my first few projects (for a percentage of my profits of course)which sounds good to me, houw ever I would rather start off with a couple of the new residential builds, starbucks and track homes he also has seeing that I have project management experence at that level ($15,000-$100,000).
Any feed back is greatly apreaciated.

COOKCC