Hello all i have a some questions regarding the ontario elect. code on grounding and bonding.It seems today at work the topic understanding the interpretation of the code and how it would apply to the electrical done in the past and passed inspection. We all can read the code book but it seems their is many interpretations of grounding and bonding and it makes it confusing.Scenario:lets say the main panel is grounded and we decide to run a number of circuits using emt conduit to various locations in a plant, we follow the code by adding pull boxes were needed and we install disconnects for motors.We pull our circuits in the emt with a ground and terminate the ground in the disconnects and motors. Is this sufficient for grounding and bonding? and does the emt act as a bond between all non electrical equipment?
To me this is not correct, i read it as the disconnects and outside casing of the motors must be bonded independantly from the ground that was pulled with circuits. I notice in the plant that many disconnects and motors do not seem to be bonded as per the code.
Any thoughts, opinions, answers, would be great.
thanks Rab