Have a look at this story guys and tell me wether you think that this family really has a case?.
Stuff.co.nz

Now it seems that if you don't pay your power bill, don't worry, Nanny State will be there to fight for you.
Sure this lady did die, but exactly what do you have to do these days to ensure that if you disconnect a non-paying customer, your customer doesn't need that supply?.
Saturday morning here is my disconnection time, where I go around and disconnect all the places listed on my sheet from various electricity companies.
At one stage I was disconnecting 38 houses in a morning.
Not an easy task, considering that people will take any means necessary to prevent you from accessing their property.
I have keys to a lot of properties here, but most people won't even let you onto their land or have a big dog that will make you think twice.
I'd like to hear from RODALCO about this incident as he is a lot closer to it.
Sure the loss of an oxygen pump is one thing, non-payment of a bill is another.
I would stand by the contractor in this instance.
No-one likes paying for something they've already used (as in electricity), but it IS an essential service.
I would like to ask why there were no markings (or a tag on the pole/pillar box fuse) to say that that supply fed an essential supply?.
Our PoCo here uses them for dialysis patients, we will make sure that during any situation, they get the power back on first and make doubly sure that continuous supply is available.
If the fuse here is Red Tagged, you never pull it.
Your thoughts guys?.

Last edited by Trumpy; 06/01/07 04:14 AM.