To my way of thinking, the fault lies with the clown that circumvented the (possibly HRC) fuse protection with the length of fuse wire.
Cartridge fuses are made to trip at a given level of current and have true I2T characteristics.
They use silver wire inside the fuse body itself and have fine silica sand to turn to glass when the fuse operates.
Now, for some idiot to merely tape a bit of wire to bridge the fuse gap is bordering on lunacy!.
How good can a connection like that be?.
I also don't accept the replacement fuses of the same type and rating were "not available at the time", who the hell is running the show there?.
It's not the fuse that was faulty, it was the fact that there was no-one competent enough to go and get some proper replacements.
A couple of dollar fuse caused all this?.
No,
Ever been in a dust explosion before guys?, sure the initial explosion is often small and it will initiate a secondary explosion, if it gets to a tertiary explosion, you have big problems.
I was in one in a flour mill with the Fire Brigade some years back, it was bloody scary to be honest, the two explosions happened within 30 seconds of each other.
The second burst my eardrums, I couldn't hear for a week afterwards, and I still have hearing problems. sick