As the picture shows we do IR scanning. A few years in the fall we recorded a Class One Discrepancy (not critical put should be addressed to avoid problems) with a Main CB for an MCC, The "A" phase line side lug was loose on the circuit breaker. The customer was put on notice and a proposal for repair of all discrepancies was submitted with the detailed IR Report.

Nothing was done, I discussed the report with the facility engineer and explained how Class One Discrepancies could become Class Two and on to Class Three's. He explained how there was no money in the budget.

Well we received an emergency call Friday morning before Memorial Day, from this facility, their MCC was down. Arrived on site to find The "A" phase lug fried and the circuit breaker had thermal damage beyond repair.

I told him he was lucky as this was a 3 day week end (give us time to get parts)...NO WAY there was a law firm that had a major case due next week and they were working all week end. The MCC was for the elevators and HVAC equipment.

Had to find a CB, located one in CA. had it freighted in and had to install on Saturday. Also had to temporary the CB for the 30 some hours it took to obtain the replacement CB.

The original repair cost was $345.00 (as part of the overall proposal), the repair during an emergency exceeded $10,000.00 Dollars. Large part of this cost was the CB and temporary. There should have been some "I TOLD YOU SO MONIES".