I am almost through my first year in business.Im still my only employee,my original plan was to have at least one employee by now.I have done about 80,000 in sales so far. i am slowly gaining regular commercial customers i have 8 , iam using residential work to fill in the slow times between commercial contracts. Iam not busy everyday and somrtimes find this to be depressing. my thought is if i keep gaining customers slowly, hopefully i will be able to grow and hire employees in the next couple of years. Ive bid on some large jobs that would warrant hiring employees but my quotes where way to high apparently, I have never been a estimator but i do know what it takes to complete a job. I have checked into est software but iam not comfortable with it. I use my own paper and pencil method. I operate with all the required lisenses insurance and workers comp coverage.I am hoping that my patience will pay off as i have seen others go big and die and also have seen guys go big and flourish. does anyone out there have a succesfull business with multiple employees going on that could share their story of growth through the first few years.