By all means brush up on your algebra. If it's been awhile since you had any formal classes it may would help you to go to Powell's (or any good book store) and get one of the books designed specifically to help with math testing. You absolutely want to score as high as you can on all the parts of the test because they take the top test scores and interview those people. Make sure you bring everything they require to the application process (transcripts, etc.) I've been told office staff mark your application if you weren't even bright enough to have your stuff together for that part. The interview is a very important part of the process for you, a little scary but if you can think on your feet you'll be alright. They usually interview in five person teams, these people are typically shop owners, estimators, and school instructors. Some of these people are a little harsh and some are just people. When I did my second interview (inside wireman) they didn't ask any questions at all, you walk into the room - sit at a table - they told me to read the piece of paper in front of me and respond. I think it said something like "why should we pick you, blah, blah, blah". Point is, you better have something to say, because when you are done the interview is done. At the time all interviews were 5 minutes max. Good Luck and hope to see you on the job in Local 48