Sorry about that. I'll try to explain it. Say there are 6 plugs wired on a circuit in a room. The homeowner wants to be able to operate the bottom half of plugs 2 and 4 with a switch (same switch for both). Proposed solution (based on accessibility) would be this...break the tabs on the hot side of plugs 2 and 4. Run a new 2-wire NMD from the new switch, into a JB near the plug #2, then to plug #2. The white would be connected to the hot feed wire at plug #2 and the black to the bottom hot screw of plug #2. At the JB between the switch and plug #2...run another 2-wire NMD to plug #4 using only the black wire to connect the hot return from the switch to the hot screw on the bottom of plug #4 (from JB to plug #4). The white wire would be unused in this cable. I know there are a number of other ways to do this...and it's not good practise...but this is the example we are discussing. I am looking for the death and flaming inferno information on doing this. Hope this makes sense...the photo would be better. What about this...http://www.flickr.com/photos/8155033@N04/486509925 Thanks again!!