Originally Posted by Romex Racer
Anybody with a license number that starts with a "7" is suspect for this reason.

Hey mine starts with a "7" too.... Its the "8's" you need to worry about ~ but then again I worked for a guy with "5" who was the worst businessman I've ever met, and equally a hack when it came to the work he did. Proving you cant teach old dogs new tricks if they were never capable of learning one in the first place.

RR - Be pro-active in protecting your income. I would suggest you contact your local DBI and seek to make it mandatory for licensing via the CSLB in order to get a biz lic, or pull permits. Or just have fun by sueing them for unfair business practices, by allowing unlicensed to operate. Then call 1-800-rat-u-out for any unlicensed activity you see. Remember, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" If the CSLB is who enforces this stuff, (nobody else does) then make the wheels squeak and get greased. Whining here aint helping much. And a little consumer education goes a long way, and the CSLB is willing to help you do just that - scare the death out of consumers with some horror stories of hack work and staple one of these to each proposal. http://www.cslb.ca.gov/forms/wyskpamphlet.pdf

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason