I'd like to put a little background here first. The Chatroom Software is a stand-alone product not related to the Forum Software here. As it comes "out of the box" it allows anyone to sign up with any name and password, which we thought would be confusing to members as to who is who and there would be no assurance that someone would not be impersonated there. With this in mind the chat software was modified to look at the forum name and password database at some point for confirmation.

Here is the problem:
The new Forum has one-way encrypted name and password info that can't be read by the chatroom software, so it is still reading the old Forum database info at this time. This means that new people cannot get signed up for the chat area at the present time, unless we enter some info manually. It also means (I think) that if an existing chat member changes their password the new password will not work for the chat area as it is looking for the old one.

We are looking into solutions to resolve the problem, but in the meantime, if any New Members would like to use the chat area you can send me a PM with the password you would like to use and I will set it up. Otherwise you can also send an email to: Webmaster@Electrical-Contractor.net with your username and password (please put ECN chat in the subject so I can pick it out of the spam)

Also, if any existing chat members have a problem or need their chat password changed let me know.

Bill

Last edited by Webmaster; 04/26/07 01:06 AM. Reason: Added Bold for emphasis