Guys,
I've got a problem here with a TV set that is killing me.
My Brother in Law (sisters hubby) gave me the TV after I came home from holiday and asked me if I could fix it.
The TV is a Mitsubishi 25" of 1999 build, the Chassis No. I've still yet to get as I haven't really spent a lot of time on it to be honest.
The complaint was that after running for roughly 30 minutes the screen would reduce to a 1" line and then a dot.
I was thinking a dry joint, somewhere on the Main board, I've looked at the Main board about twice and can't see anything wrong with it.
Frustrated, I started poking around with an oscilloscope, but everything seems to be where it should be.
There are no sounds of arcing and I have frozen most parts of the boards in the set with (dare I say it) old Freon spray.
The real nuisance about this is the fact that you can't get service manuals or any real info about gear like this without paying for it, this TV set is long obselete, but try and find any useful information on it.
I'm not doing this repair for money, just for the hell of it and my BIL knows it.
I just want to save another TV from a premature trip to the dump.
Anyone got any ideas?.

{Edit: Please don't think that this is an area where everyone can send their "My Appliance is broken can you help me fix it" type threads, I've repaired TV's and associated things for 20 years. }

Last edited by Trumpy; 03/30/07 04:19 AM. Reason: To add last bit