E57, this is not a fire wall- just a gypsum faced residential wall. You can see it in the picture- this wall ia well under two feet long. At least- the part where the hole is.

The other wall- the one with the "wiremold" box and antennae jack- is an exterior wall, and not fire-rated.

Now, I'd like to brag a litle, but that piece of equipment is hiding the part of the wall that I had worked on previously. There is a receptacle on the "away" side of the wall; previously I had tapped into that box to feed an outside receptacle on the opposite side of the wall from the "wiremold" box. I had patched the wall.
This guy- or the complex maintenance man- had in turn tapped into the outside receptacle to feed back into the wall, where he in turn fed another receptacle in the wiremold box.

The point is- I had hacked up the wall some, and then fixed it. This guy was happy to leave a big, fat hole. It just seems like poor workmanship.
I realise that these guys use different materials than electricians- but I would have expected the hole to be closed in some manner!