Ok I got bored and made one for commercial kitchens. I just took my commercial calc-sheet and added item #7 for kitchen equipment.

Note:

STOP, if you don’t know excel, then don’t download this, and don’t read any further. Using an ITO excel calc page without first having a clue about excel will only get you in trouble so don’t do it. You have been warned.

Commercial Load Calc XLS Sheet

Only edit the yellow fields, if the answer is none, put a ZERO in it. I put plug numbers in to test the formulas, do NOT “delete” the contents of any cell, just right-click and “clear contents”.

1) Enter your square footage, if you don’t know what the lighting package specs are, but if you do you should use the actual as per 220-14 (D)

2)Number or general purpose receptacles.

3)Water heater, if its gas just put “0” and “clear the contents” for the VA value.

4)Again “0” it out if none, otherwise put the known values in.

5)Heat, there aint no way around it.

6)AHUs run with heat or AC so they get listed, and the rest is up to you.

7)READ 220.56 and only put “kitchen” equipment in. These will de-rate automatically but you must put a “zero” in if there is nothing or the de-rate formula will count it. Also if you need more rows, then “insert” them in-between 12 and 13 or you will mess up the formula.

8)Sign circuit…duh.

9)May not be required for a restaurant but I have seen some with a show window, and it was already on my calc-sheet. Just “zero” it out if you don’t want it.

10)You have to do it, so suck it up.

11)You don’t have to do it, but it’s a nice way to “bump” it if you need too.

12)The calc for amps at the end is for 3 phase only so be careful if you do a single phase service and edit the formula.

13)I converted this in about 15 minutes, so there make be a mistake…use at your own risk.

14)Comments and criticisms welcome.

(let me find a host for the xls file, brb)

[This message has been edited by ITO (edited 12-11-2006).]

101° Rx = + /_\