Im just trying to start an ec business.At first I was just going to jump into itand go. Ive been a electrician for 15 yrs working only in the commercial and some industrial markets. I found a govt sponsored self employment course and signed up.The course is 8 wks and covers taxes,bookkeeping,marketing,insurance,credit and collections etc.The end result of this course is you have to come up with a business plan resulting in about a 60 page report.I have never owned a business before and I dont have a lot of money in the bank to finance the costs of hiring employees.This business plan is quite overwhelming as i find it hard to figure out which direction i am going to head in without actually starting the business.Iam thinking i may have to go the residential route to get quicker cash flow to start,but with my lack of experience i think i might be to slow to make any money wiring houses as my price has been to high in past quotes.Becoming a ec is not quite as easy as i thought it would be 4 wks ago. has anyone else ever created a business plan for their company?