Thank you for your replies so far. My business is primarily comprised of residential flat-rate service work - but I also do a small amount of light commercial service work. Consequently, my forms have to be adaptable to both, with a bit more emphasis on the residential service (contracting forms will be separate). I'm using a NEBS service form as a guide for customizing my own, and I'm trying to get everything on the front of one page to keep the printing costs down. This means I have to keep the legal language as short as possible, while still coverining most of my bases. Not so easy to do for a legal-minded person! [Linked Image] Anyway, here is what I have so far.

All material is guaranteed to be as specified. All work to be completed in a workmanlike manner according to standard practices. Any alteration or deviation from above specifications involving extra costs will be executed only upon written orders signed by both parties, and will become an extra charge over and above the price listed above. The price listed above does not include any unforeseen problems or conditions that might be found once the work has commenced. All arrangements contingent upon strikes, accidents, or delays beyond our control. [Contractor's Name] is insured for general liability, automobile liability, and worker’s compensation (as required by law). All labor and materials supplied by [Contractor's Name] are guaranteed for one (1) year from the date of installation. No guarantee on items supplied by any other party, or work not completed by [Contractor's Name] You agree to make payment in full at the time services are rendered unless other arrangements are made in advance, in writing, and signed by both parties. Payment shall be made by cash or check. If a check is not honored by the bank for any reason, You agree to pay a $40.00 returned check fee per occurrence in addition to the amount listed above. If payment is not received by [Contractor's Name] within the time stated above, You agree to pay interest at the maximum legal rate on the unpaid balance until the account is paid in full. In the event this contract or account is turned over to an attorney for enforcement or collection, You agree to pay all costs, expenses, and attorney fees incurred by [Contractor's Name] This contract is to be interpreted by the laws of the State of Tennessee, and both parties agree to a venue of [Name of County], Tennessee. By signing below, You are agreeing to be bound by these terms and are authorizing the work to be performed as specified.

Kevin

Kevin