I refuse to use a debit card. I never write a check in a store and rarely anywhere. In a store I use a credit card or on account. All my other bills, all of them, even my credit cards, mortgage, truck payments, insurance, supply house, etc. are paid by online banking. Online banking is great, you enter them in the computer and they get paid on the day they are due, no check to write, no stamps, nothing to mail. It also helps to forcast your spending and cash needs because you enter the bills as you get them, but they pay the day you want.

I don't really uderstand why anyone would use a debit card or an ATM card to make a purchase. Lots of things can go wrong:
1. You forget you used it and overdraw your account.
2. Someone gets your number and drains your account, taking weeks to get your money back, if at all.
3.The money comes out of your account instantly.

As long as you pay off the account every month and on time, a credit card is much better. You get about 30 days to pay, no interest, and if someone gets your number they will take the charge off immediately.

OK, I got a little off topic, but my basic point is that not using a debit card will reduce your chance for fraud.