How's the transition from factory to contractor? I'm assuming you worked in a factory or similar industry. I have a ton of questions for you if your willing to spill your guts.

My story is I'm an industrial electrical/electronic technician(electrician) who is concerned about his future in a factory in Illinois. Our work is continually moving South to Mississippi or to cheaper manufacturers in general and I don't see the trend ending.

My wife and I just purchased our dream home in the area where I grew up and have no plans on moving which leave very few options as far as work goes.

My area like yours doesn't have any licensing requirements although I wish they did. So I've thought about starting my own contracting business doing whatever the area needs. But what I would love to do is start a business doing industrial maintenance/calibration/troubleshooting/OSHA requirements. Have you thought about this or do you plan on sticking to mostly residential?

Best of luck!

If anyone else has any input I'm all ears!

Doug [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Winchester EE (edited 08-01-2005).]

Please buy American made Winchester ammunition! Business is slowly going overseas!