Got a call from a buddy from many years back. Seems he fled the auto repair field and became a spark, and after finishing school had been working with my old foreman up until recently for a mid-sized shop doing resi and commercial work.

He left to open a remodeling company.

He called me up wondering a few things...

1) When my AHJ was holding the license exam (last week in May, 1st week of June);

2) If I'd be interested working as a foreman for his crew... seems a friend of his is a developer, and if his condo plans get approved, he'd get the gig to wire all 250 units over the next 2 years or so... he'd be picking up several employees, and wanted to know if I'd run a crew for him.

3) In the meantime, if one of his several pending bids are accepted, if I would pull permits for him under my business name, and perform some of the work, but have him and his current employee do the rest. He said he'd be more than willing to compensate me for the cost of "managing" the permit process, and also would give me full inspection rights since my name is on the permit.

Not sure how I feel about this, without making them employees of my business - even if only for the few weeks until he gets his own ticket - especially for insurance purposes.

Just figured I'd throw this up here for some feedback. I talked to my old foreman, and he says this guy's work is solid, but it's still a little out of my day to day experience.

Thanks,

Doug