Just went out to price a job to hook up a new A/C unit for a HVAC contractor that I have worked with for years. I was to contact the "builder" and give him the price to hook up. Got to the house and found that this builder apparently had put in a panel or built a new wall such that the panel cover would not go on without cutting the side down about an inch which would put a portion of the cover in the wall and only two screws on the right side to secure it. Whoever had done the electrical remodel certainly wasn't an electrician. Anyway, I really don't like coming in behind someone like that because when I do hook up the unit, I will end up trying to get this thing back up to code. Obviously no permit was pulled and no inspection was done for the remodel. I shot the owner a high bid...and the problem is he took it. Dang the bad luck. Anyway, how do you guys handle this type of situation? I guess I could have just told him I didn't want to do it, but the HVAC Company is a good source of work for me and has been over the years since I started on my own. Looking forward to ya'lls input.

Bob