Romex, I'm in same situation as yourself, I've had my Masters lic. for ten years and am leaving a reg. job also. My situation will be a semi retirement allthough from the reg.job, house paid for no bills at all, so can wing going on my own somewhat easier. Myself i'm in western colorado and going to charge $45 hr. for local new house bidding work (still need to figure out service call charges myself)in past I've just gone bye and looked at stuff for people (which mostly were ranchers, people I know etc.) and didn't charge anything til I started doing any work, allthough I know that will have to change. Allthough I do have a high econamy neighbor called ASPEN home of very rich which is only 70 miles upvalley and in past while doing side jobs my hourly rate has been as high s $100 hr. the closer the job was to ASPEN, and they knew that was a bargon, all I can say and ask is dont ask for private emails on this, I'm sure there are other's wanting to follow all information that can be read on this site, glad I found it myself, I will sure fill you in on any mistake I do in the future. Thanks PETE (aka highvoltageguy)