With the box stores selling a lot of electrical brands and products at somewhere around my cost it seems to create problems getting customers to pay a fair amount for a job.

Maybe I don't get the best price at the supply counter but I'm guessing the big chains are are getting better deals then some supply houses. When the customer can see how much a product costs it makes it difficult.

Reading some HVAC business articles it sugests the tin banngers don't buy from manufactures that supply equipment to box stores. The HVAC guys have a e-supplier Buy Max that sells private label products to help compete against "I can buy that here for...".

I'm wondering if there are some good product manufactures that don't sell to the box stores? So we can say we sell only .... because they are the best and are only available from us. Sure it cost a bit more but it's not the same.

What about bolt in panels for most residential jobs? Anyone that walked thru a box store can tell you how much a load center costs. But no customer knows the panel board prices. They can't go to the hardware store to get a breaker and add on to you work later.

Sell them on how much better your panelboards are and company is for using these. Maybe show them the real thing then some worn out load center the box store sells and competiters use.

You could show them list price from the manufacture maybe $2,000 plus breakers and everything elce. Then tell them you can do everything for ....

Just some thoghts