Hello All,

Nice site.

I have been in the trade for a while (started wiring houses in 1962 as a helper-the old man was in the trade) and enjoyed looking at the old gear pictures that have been posted. I have quite a collection of my own and recognize almost all of the items, as I have either worked on them or wrecked them out for newer gear. I came in through the IBEW and have worked the commercial and industrial (high and low voltage) fields, traveled quite a bit, and have been with the DoD for almost two and a half decades now. I am a Certified Level II Infrared Thermographer and use a FLIR P-60 camera.

Of particular appeal to me is the old Colt gear, as I have an interest in their other products. I have several of the 30a. disconnect nameplates and several of the embossed serpentine ā€œCā€ nameplates used on the magnetic line starters. The gear itself was in very bad condition and was not salvageable. I have searched for some time looking for other people that have similar examples with minimal success. I had even written Colt, some time ago, inquiring into the rarity of these items.

[This message has been edited by Skyhawk (edited 08-12-2004).]